Monday, December 19, 2005

In the beginning...

I’ve wanted to blog for longer than I care to admit, however, due to my current 'attention deficit' state of mind, I've been reluctantly entertaining one of my least favorite character defects - procrastination. Procrastination is one of those $10-dollar words that define the main cause of chaos (a shorter but even more detested word) in my life. Therefore, although I don't feel ready in any way to write a decent (meaning interesting and halfway intelligent) blog; I am going to dive in nonetheless and 'get this party started'. My goal in writing this particular blog is to purge my system of the negativity of the past few years once again experience peace of mind and its byproduct - joie de vivre (‘a keen enjoyment of living'; wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn ).

That brings me to the next step. At what point in the history of the myriad of life adventures do I begin the exposition? I could start at the beginning; such usually explains the make-up of a person - their particular emotional/mental quirks, the events that shaped the patterns of their perspective, patterns of thinking and reacting to life's challenges and blessings; or to be politically correct, their issues (a thoroughly bastardized word). On the other hand, I could start with the recent events of 2001 that have led to my present state of dis-ease and interject occasional historic episodes that have been influential in the choices and behaviors exhibited by myself and others. I may do a little of both.


.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home